5 October 2007

True Red


This was a postcard I made while thinking about hurricane Katrina and seeing "red" at the failure of the American government to help it's own citizens in a time of need. The insensitivity of the White House during the time roiled me, but it was also a nearly predictable response. Over the past few years, I've had the "opportunity" to collect images from some medical procedures I've had. I haven't fully worked these things into as many situation as I can. "The Biggest Pain Wasn't In My Neck" came from the fact that it was my heart that hurt. Another surprising thing in the wake of Katerina were the "hate inspired" emails I saw circulating that continued to bash the plight of the citizens of New Orleans based on the incidentals of race, income, and politically inspired insensitivity.

No comments:

.