This is an international collective MailArt and ArtByMail exhibition. It’s also an activity that goes hand on hand with the homonymous puppet show from the puppet company Teatro e Marionetas de Mandrágora and it’s an exhibition that will be shown alongside each presentation of that same puppet show. This event pretends to encourage artists joining an international movement. It’s also a way to provide artists the opportunity to show their work at Portugal and to spread the concepts of mailart to other people.
Artists are invited to join sending their artwork by snail mail regarding the provided theme and title “QUEIXA_TE – D. Quixote e Sancho Pança”. It will be an honor to have your participation on such event.
Quixote leaves his nest, and goes forth the walls that split us apart, the walls that split humanity, physical walls e symbolic ones. A Europe made out of barbed wire… This Europe and this multicultural world will never stop being it and, fortunately, there’s no possible going back. Even though this walls may rise upon us there’s no possible going back.
Rules ENU » www.yzonk.com/_/d/queixa_te_expo_enu.pdf
art reception date » 01.02.2017
curator » Monsenhor enVide neFelibata
first exhibition » 2017
title / theme » QUEIXA_TE – D. Quixote e Sancho Pança
local » several to be scheduled
organization » Teatro e Marionetas de Mandrágora
- The Mailart Event Call “QUEIXA_TE – D. Quixote e Sancho Pança” is an art project created by the puppet company Teatro e Marionetas de Mandrágora directed by the artist Monsenhor enVide neFelibata.
- All artwork should be mailed to the following address: Monsenhor enVide neFelibata / #QUEIXA_TE / R. do Falcão 369 3ºE. / 4300-181 Porto Portugal
- No returns.
- Participants with selected artwork will receive artwork by the artist Monsenhor enVide neFelibata.
- This exhibition will tour through Portugal, since it travels along with the puppet show with the same name, and the participants will be noticed of every one of them by email.
- Free style, technique and media.
- Maximum size is 190x280mm.
- There is no maximum limit for the amount of sent artwork per person.
- The received and selected artwork will be used at all the following exhibitions.
- An online place was created for the artwork collection display as well for the tour coverage. www.yzonk.com/queixate
- Additional information about the artist (profile picture / small bio about the artist and his relationship with MailArt / ArtByMail and website link) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by traditional snail mail. This information is important in order to create online and printed documentation for the exhibitions audience.
- Additional information about the submitted work (few words about the relationship of the submitted work with the theme “desAMORes”) should be emailed to email@example.com or by traditional snail mail. This information is useful for the exhibition guided tours.
- Sender address may be digitally blurred for the online show (if asked to do so).
- Sender address may be temporally covered for the physical show (if asked to do so).