17 September 2014
13 September 2014
11 September 2014
Node Pajomo compiles mail art calls, mail art contact information, and zine reviews into a twice annual zine with the intent of strengthening the Postal Mail Art Network.
We are seeking mail art calls, contact listings, zine publishers, and Postal Traders of all sorts to include in our upcoming December issue. Please send your information, publication, mail art, audio, or whatever else you feel we need to know!
Restrictions: Postal addresses ONLY in the zine. Mail art calls must result in real world posted documentation, not a blog or pdf.
Deadline: 1 November and 1 May. Publication in early December and June.
Please send all calls, information, and questions to:
Node Pajomo, POB 2632, Bellingham WA, 98227, U$A.com or nodepajomo at gmail dot com.
Submit your audio works on the topic "Indecipherable" via mail by 1 November 2014. Readable formats include vinyl, CD, standard audio tape, and most memory cards.
Documentation will be a compilation of the received works on a CD-R to be included with the Winter 2014 Node Pajomo. Works may be edited for length.
Node Pajomo, POB 2632, Bellingham, Washington, 98227-2632, U$A.com
2 September 2014
31 August 2014
I intend to hold an Exhibition of Vinyl Art in the Spring of 2015. I don't have an exact date, but it will be around about Easter (end March/start April). I don't know exactly when, but I know where -- the Médiathèque in Sigean, France.
The Exhibition will be entitled something like 'Vinyl Art', and be by 'Mark Herman and Friends'. It will comprise about 60 pieces of Vinyl Art -- aproximately half by me, half by my Friends.
I INVITE YOU TO BE ONE OF MY VINYL ART FRIENDS AND TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EXHIBITION.
This is what you must do:
* send me one or more pieces of Vinyl Art on 12 inch (33rpm) LP records, and ONLY on 12 inch LP records. This is the one and only size of the 'canvas'.
* you can place your art on the Vinyl (and even hang very small things off it), but 12 inches is the one and only format that will be accepted
* sleeve covers, 7 inch (45 rpms) and 10 inch records will NOT be accepted. Nor, of course, will CDS, DVDs or anything horrible like that.
* the records will be hung vertically. Anything that requires a horizontal or any other sort of display will be rejected
* the usual rules about content apply. I reserve the right to reject anything unsuitable on content, size or other grounds
* but, in principle, ALL 12 inch records sent to me will be included in the Exhibition. If I receive more than 30 pieces of Vinyl Art from you, my Friends, I may have to rotate the works during the Exhibition to ensure that everything is displayed. (If I receive significantly less than 30 pieces, then I'm going to be stuck!)
* no returns
* the receipt of each individual work will be acknowledged and a photo of it posted at IUOMA (probably on theViyl Art Group page) by me (or the photo by you, if you prefer). Photos of the Exhibition will be posted later.
Your Vinyl Art should be sent to:
Valentine Mark Herman,
1 rue de la Vieille Fontaine,
THE DEADLINE FOR ME TO RECEIVE YOUR VINYL ART IS 14 FEBRUARY, 2015 (Valentine's Day)
I do hope you will join in!