13 February 2019
Mail Art Call for Fluxfest 2019
Pride Mail Call for Entries
Simultaneously celebrating Fluxus and Gay Pride, Fluxfest 2019 is calling for mail art on the theme of PRIDE.
No jury. No returns.
Please mail postcard to:
Fluxfest Pride Mail
501-1555 Avenue Road
Censorship is anathema to the Fluxus spirit. However, exhibited works cannot violate Canadian law. Fortunately, the laws protecting artistic freedom of expression are relatively strong in Canada. Basically, anything goes, except child pornography and hate speech. Hate speech includes, "advocating genocide", "publicly inciting hatred", and "promoting hatred".
Given the history of persecution of sexual minorities, the curators are committed to including artworks that may depict or document manifestations of homophobia, provided that such works do not violate the law.
It is illegal to produce, distribute, or possess child pornography in Canada, as such work deemed to be such by the curators, will be destroyed upon receipt. Reference: Criminal Code of Canada
NOTICE: The curators reserve the right to refuse to exhibit and/or document any submission at their absolute and sole discretion.
10 February 2019
31 January 2019
Mail Art Egg Project 2019
Dear Artist Colleague!
This is the 8th time that the Mail Art Egg Project is being announced.
Topic: egg, as a form, shape, pattern
Project time: 20th January – 31st March 2019
Address: Éva Mosonyi, 19 Hegyalja Street, Pécs, H-7625, Hungary
- Every art-piece has to be sent via post.
- No technical limitations: you can use pen or pencil, dye or chalk, B/W or colour, graphics, montage, collage, photo, etc. You can even create it in 3D.
– All art-pieces will be scanned and uploaded to my webpage (https://evamosonyi.wordpress.com).
- Similarly to the previous years, the entire collection will be donated to the Budapest Stamp Museum where – by the way – you can find the most stamps in the world. Since they just established their mail art section therefore these mails and postcards will be kept for the after-world and can be seen any time during opening hours.
- The collection will be exhibited at Budapest Stamp Museum (47. Hársfa Street, Budapest 1074), let me hereby invite you for the opening ceremony at Friday, 12th April, 15:00 CET. The exhibition is open from 12th April to 20th April 2019.
I would like to ask your help in sharing this announcement to your friends, relatives, colleagues, so they can also participate in this project!
I look forward to your beautiful letter too 😊
If you send me, I’ll send one to you as well 😉
Thank you and kind regards:
21 January 2019
8 January 2019
Free Mail Art
IXª Biennale Internazionale Mail Art 2020
tema: Free Mail Art. Il tema è libero ma saranno prese con grande considerazione
opere che rappresentano il tuo stile o il tuo marchio nella mail art.
theme: Mail Art Libera. The theme is free but will be taken with great consideration
works that represent your style or your brand in the mail art.
le opere ricevute non saranno restituite
all works must be sent by post
tutti i lavori devono essere spediti per posta
Sito web - Web site: www.guzzardi.it/arte
Mostra su: www.guzzardi.it/arte/pagine/freemailart.html
do not forget your photo, a short biography, postal address and e-mail
non dimenticarti una tua foto, una breve biografia, indirizzo postale ed e-mail
Mail Art Libera/Free Mail Art
by Claudio Grandinetti
Via Popilia N° 208/B