1 September 2013

Project - Help wanted

I am interested in creating an International Mail Art Project with Young People and wondered if you could help me spread the word?
Next year see's the anniversary of WW1 and with a personal interest in Social History and experience of working collaboratively and with Young People, I want to work with artists in different countries to the UK who have:
  • An interest in participatory arts, particularly with young people.
  • An interest in working Internationally on a long term project that would involve mailing artwork back and forwards.
  • The ability to act as the project co-ordinator in your area.
My background involves project managing funded and non-funded art projects, usually around making books and working with printmaking.  The projects always have elements of participation as this feeds my inspiration and motivation.  I recently worked with a fantastic Youth Service in the North East of England and want to develop those connections and work with some of the young people again in a project that gets them thinking outside of their local area.
The idea is in its embryo stage with local and regional partners currently being identified, once this is firmed up I will begin to start fundraising for the project next year.  
If you would like to find out more of if you could suggest an organisation in your area or individual to contact who may be interested in developing a project over the next two years please drop me a line theresa_easton@yahoo.co.uk and take a look at past projects including Fabulous books Fantastic Places or my work here.
Kind Regards

Theresa Easton
Ouseburn Warehouse
Workshops & Studio
36 Lime Street
Newcastle
NE1 2PQ UK
00 44 (0)7981381830
http://theresaeaston.wordpress.com

No comments:

.