17 September 2013
POSTAL | A Mail Art Exhibition
The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery invites artists from all over the world to participate in our upcoming mail art exhibition titled, “POSTAL”. Everyone is welcome to participate in this exhibition, all ages and skill levels. This particular exhibition has an open theme, allowing artists to express their creativity and ideas to the fullest extent.
DEADLINE - October 9, 2013 (All Mail Art submissions must arrive to the gallery by this date)
EXHIBITION - October 11 - November 6, 2013
OPENING RECEPTION - October 11, 2013, 5:00 - 9:00 PM
Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, located inside the Franklin Arts Center, in Brainerd, Minnesota.
The Following Are All Accepted Submission Formats -
- Artwork created on a heavy card stock paper, in the size of a standard postcard - 4 x 6 or 5 x 7
- Artwork in any size, that can be folded down to fit into a standard size envelope - 9 1/2 x 4 1/2
- Artwork/Objects/3D forms that can be sent through the mail unwrapped with a label and postage attached to the item
- All mediums will be accepted (mixed media/collage, painting, drawing, text/poetry, printmaking, photography, digital art, sculpture, etc.)
- Artists are encouraged to use the envelope or various packaging as an art surface, either on its own or in addition to the artwork that is inside it.
- Unlimited entries (Artists are encouraged to send as many mail art pieces as they would like.)
- NO ENTRY FEE, NO JURY, NO RETURNS
- ALL SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THE MAIL WILL BE EXHIBITED
Please include the following on the back of your artwork -
Name, Address/Country, Email, Title Of Artwork, Medium, Year Of Completion
SEND MAIL ART TO
1001 Kingwood St, Suite 215
Brainerd, MN 56401
Following the exhibition, a visual catalogue/book will be created, which will include information and photos from the exhibition “POSTAL”. The book will be a great way to remember the exhibition, and will provide inspiration to you and other artists for future projects. It will also make a great gift to share with friends and family. Once the book is complete, it will be available for purchase online. All artists will be notified when the book becomes available, and if any further information is needed, we will contact you by email.
By submitting artwork to this exhibition, you agree that the Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery and their staff, can photograph and use images of your artwork for press and advertising purposes, on their social media sites, and in a future publication that documents this exhibition. Additionally, the artist also agrees that they will not receive any direct financial compensation from the Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery.
ABOUT THE FRANKLIN ARTS CENTER RESIDENT ARTISTS GALLERY
The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery is a small art gallery located within the Franklin Arts Center, in Brainerd, Minnesota. As a gallery we strive to bring all people together through art. The Resident Artists Gallery focuses on presenting interesting and exciting exhibitions to the local community, and all who enter our doors. Through these shows, the gallery shows artwork by artists living and working within the Franklin Arts Center building, as well as bringing in other artists from the community and elsewhere to combine creative forces, and open people up to new artists, artwork, and creative ideas that they may have never experienced before.
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/FACRAG