Please find below information about SNAP's call for submissions for an exhibition in our community gallery entitled My Backyard is a World Away: Reflections on Local and Global Communities.
Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline is September 7, 2011
Exhibition Dates are September 8 to October 8, 2011
Location: SNAP Gallery, 10123 - 121 Street
The Society of Northern Alberta Print-artists (SNAP) invites local, provincial, national and international artists to create a text or image based work of mail art to be exhibited in our community gallery from September 8 to October 8, 2011. The exhibition title My Backyard is a World Away: Reflections on Local and Global Communities seeks to bring together a wide range of perspectives on the ever-changing definition of community in a local and global context.
We are asking artists to submit a diverse range of artworks by mail that communicate their thoughts on community.
Requirements for Submissions
To participate in this exhibition, please review the following guidelines:
- All submissions must relate to the theme & be created for a mail art exchange. This may include but is not limited to: altered postcards, works constructed from postal paraphanilea such as stamps or envelopes, fold out works of art, etc.
- Format – All types of media are encouraged so long as it can be sent through regular mail
- Size – Submissions must fit be packaged to fit through our mail slot 3.81 x 25.4 centimetres (1.5 x 10 inches)
- Number – The maximum number of submissions per artist is limited to three
- Include – Name, Address and return postage for artwork if applicable
- Exchange – In the spirit of sharing and community, artwork will be returned in random fashion to participants at no charge to SNAP members. If you are not a member of SNAP, please include return postage.
- Note - This exhibition is not juried and no fees are required
After mail out, please send an email forwarding the following details:
- Title, artist, materials and year
- Any special instructions related to display or presentation of work
- Price in Canadian Dollars if the work is for sale
Deadline for submission is September 7, 2011
Submissions should be sent by postal mail to:
Attn: Community Events
10123 121 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 3W9
The Society of Northern Alberta Print-artists (SNAP) is a not-for-profit, artist-run centre. Since its inception in 1982, SNAP has grown to become one of Canada’s premier centres for research and innovation in printmaking as well as providing a unique forum for discussion and examination of critical and theoretical issues related to printmaking and image culture.
For more information about SNAP, please visit our website at www.snapartists.com or email us at email@example.com