Plaza de las Letras
C/ Alameda, 15
28014 Madrid (Spain)
+34 913 692 303
Interactivos?'09: Garage Science
Deadline for entries: December 14, 2008 12 midnight (GMT+1)
Call for collaborators: December 30, 2008 - January 25, 2009
Dates of the event: January 28 - February 14, 2009 at Medialab-Prado (Madrid, Spain)
Open call for the submission of projects to be collaboratively developed within the framework of the Interactivos?'09: Garage Science international workshop and seminar. The aim is to design and build experimental and critical prototypes such as mechanical, digital, and biological devices, using open software and open hardware tools, as well as low cost materials.
The medialab will then be transformed into a "domestic lab" where a maximum of 8 proposals will be developed with the aid of teachers, assistants and interested collaborators (call for collaborators: December 30). With the participation of the Critical Art Ensemble.
Keywords: Garage science, critical design, bioart, mechanical devices, automatons, robots, impossible machines, Rube Goldberg's machines, pataphysic, energy, physical computing, free hardware, fabbing, recycling, biocomputing, biology, biohacking, biopunk, “license to fail”.
Interactivos?'09 also includes a Seminar (January 28 and 29, 2009) with lectures by artists and experts where selected papers will be presented (see call for papers: www.medialab-prado.es/interactivos).
More information and access to the online submission form:
Entries' Deadline: November 30, 2008
Open call for collaborators: November 15, 2008
Open call for the submission of proposals to be collaboratively developed during two three-day workshops* (January and March, 2009). This call is part of the activities of the Light, Space and Perception work group, led by artists Daniel Canogar, Julian Oliver and Pablo Valbuena, and supported by Mediala-Prado in Madrid (Spain).
The goal is to work with local developers to create prototypes with the aid of these three instructors and the interested collaborators.
* Light and the city. Urbanism, media-façades, the fusion of physical and digital urban spaces.
* Augmented Reality, the use of projections on three-dimensional surfaces and physical objects, the use of light as a material.
* Set and stage design and the creation of atmospheres through the projection of light: perspective, optical illusions, etc.
* Investigation of the qualities of our visual perception and its limits.
* Development of new light technologies for artistic purposes.
More information and online submission form:
* Medialab-Prado does not cover lodging and travel expenses for selected participants.
Nerea García Garmendia
Responsable de Comunicación
Área de Las Artes, Ayuntamiento de Madrid
Plaza de las Letras
Alameda, 15 28014 Madrid
Tfno. +34 914 202 754