- Artwork submitted should be postcard sized (approximately 4 inches X 6 inches)
- Artwork can be a postcard/illustrated envelope, short poem or story etc. but must stamped and mailed through the postal system.
- All submitted pieces will be viewed by all ages , so it must be in good taste.
- Deadline for submissions will be September 27th, 2017
- Please include on the back of your postcard – Your Name, City & Country.
- All submissions are to be mailed to: Canada – Celebrating 150 Years Mail Art Exhibit, c/o Dakota Brann, 69 Central Avenue, Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada, P5A 2G3.
2 February 2017
Canada - 150 years
Canada - Celebrating 150 Years Mail Art Exhibit
This year, Canada is celebrating its 150th birthday. We asking artists or anyone out there to create & submit a small postcard sized piece of mail art. “Canada – Celebrating 150 Years Mail Art Exhibit” will run in conjunction with the Ninth Annual Art Among Friends Exhibition – September 30th & October 1st, 2017. The exhibit is being organized by Grade 8 student Dakota Brann, whose older sister has ran 3 other successful Mail Art Exhibits over the years at Art Among Friends. The event will be held at Laurentian Lodge, just 25 minutes north of Elliot Lake.
There will be no jury, fees and no returns of artwork! – All received pieces of artwork will be displayed and viewed by the approximately 1,200 visitors during the Art Among Friends weekend. Everyone is invited to submit your artwork…no matter your artistic skill. Teachers out there – Classroom submissions are very welcome too. This mail art project is all about having fun. The theme is Canada, so let your imagination go wild and have fun creating something awesome.
To Take Part in the Exhibition:
All received pieces will also be posted to our facebook event page as they are received: