About the project
Everyone is welcome to join the Mail a smile project:)The aim of the project is to send smiles to people in need, with the help of artistically decorated envelopes and letters. By doing this, we not only do something good for a fellow being, but also get to use our imagination and creativity while doing it.
About the mail art challenges
- New challenges are posted on the blog, and are also announced in the newsletter.
- Each challenge lasts for 1 month.
- Each challenge is dedicated to one person to whom we all send the smiles.
- Each challenge will have a theme (which is decided by the winner of the previous challenge). The theme can be interpreted freely as the mail artist see fit, or completely disregarded, if the artist have other inspiration he or she want to use.
- The address of the mail art recipient will only be sent to the participators e-mail addresses (so either subscribe to our newsletter or send us an e-mail to ‘info[at]mailasmile[dot]org’ so we can add you to our list)
- The mail art sent by participators out to the current recipient may contain a personal note, a letter, a small gift or anything you come up with.
- If you take a picture of your mail art and send it to ‘info[at]mailasmile[dot]org’ it will be uploaded to the gallery.
- Send your theme choice for the next challenge along with the picture (with an optional description of your art work), in case you win, the next challenge can be uploaded immediately.
- When the challenge ends, Micu’s cat, Kakaó draws a winner who receives a small prize and his or her chosen theme will be the theme of the next challenge.
- There are no rules but please read Terms of Services here.
- The challenge itself will have a deadline, but if you feel that you want to send mail art to a previous recipient, don’t hesitate to drop a line at ‘info[at]mailasmile[dot]org’.
How to support the projectIf you know someone you would like to nominate to the Mail a Smile project, please do not hesitate!
The following information is needed for your nominees:
- Name and a short description, a short background story of the nominee.
- An address for the nominee (Address will NOT be shared publicly on the blog, it will only be distributed to those who participate at the challenge.)
- A photo of the nominee is optional. If you don’t want to share a photo of the person, anything related to him or her helps us to personalize our mail art.
- Any blog links relating to the nominee are very appreciated.
- Before publishing the challenge the text will be sent to revision to you, only approved text and photos will be published.