1 March 2010
Arte Postale! 100 and Art Detox 2010 info
a small update from the E.O.N. headquarters, regarding the 100th and final issue of the legendary Arte Postale! magazine, the Klang! audio art festival catalogue and the ongoing ART DETOX 2010 networking project
ARTE POSTALE! 100 / KLANG!
One of the best known and probably the most long-lived mail art magazine on the planet, Arte Postale!, published since 1979 by Near the Edge editions, has assembled original works and published materials by hundreds of international networkers. The project is considered concluded with issue n. 100 (December 2009), a documentation of the show of “postal sounds” and artist’s musical instruments Bzzzoing!, part of the Klang! suoni contemporanei sonic arts festival (Viareggio, 7-8-9 August 2009).
Arte Postale! 100 has 36 pages with all texts in English and Italian plus a CD-R with audio tracks and multimedia contents (see intro and cd contents in the attached file). You can order a copy by sending Euro 12.00 or $ 15.00 with International Postal Money Order or cash well hidden in registered envelope to: Vittore Baroni, Via C. Battisti 339, 55049 Viareggio, Italy.
The cost includes postage, the zine is sent by air mail outside Europe.
A perfect companion to Arte Postale! 100 is the Klang! suoni contemporanei catalogue, a small cardboard box that contains:
- 3 booklets (64 pages total) with texts in Italian and images of audio art works and installations selected from over one hundred international authors included in the show
- a small folded poster with the illustrated programme of the festival
- a colour sticker with the Klang! logo
- an audio cd with unpublished audio tracks by 16 artists, poets, musicians and performers: ANTONINO BOVE, PIETRO RIPARBELLI / K11, ANDREA BORGHI, TANIA LORANDI, ROD SUMMERS & THE DON MARTIN HERD, ARRIGO LORA TOTINO, PAOLO ALBANI, ENOMÍSOSSAB, MANITÙ ROSSI, ADOLFINA DE STEFANI e ANTONELLO MANTOVANI / LIIBAAN, IGNAZIO LAGO, SCOTT RAY RANDALL, PHILIP CORNER, CABIRIA , VIPCANCRO.
- a DVD with a 30' documentary of the three days festival by GIANLUCA CUPISTI, short animated videos by GUGLIELMO MANENTI / EXTEMPORA and BRUNO DE ANGELIS in homage to Luigi Russolo in the Centennial of Futurism, photo gallery by LAURA FIASCHI / GUMDESIGN
The Klang! catalogue complete with CD and DVD is available for € 20.00 or $ 25.00 (including postage), send an International Postal Money Order or cash well hidden in registered envelope to: Vittore Baroni, Via C. Battisti 339, 55049 Viareggio, Italy.
ART DETOX 2010
Do you feel oppressed by too many art invites, shows and projects? tired of being burdened and clogged by bad art toxins?
Every time two or more artists meet in 2010 to discuss and/or promote a therapeutic ecology of art, you have a session of ART DETOX
THREE EASY STEPS TO A COMPLETE ART DETOX EXPERIENCE
1 - think about all the art excesses that prevent you from having a pure and healthy creative life
2 - conceive and organize your own private or public ART DETOX session
3 - document it and share it with others on http://artdetox2010.ning.com/
Following the tradition of the Mail Art Congress of 1986, the Decentralized World Wide Networker Congress of 1992, the Incongruous Meetings project of 1998 and the Obscure Actions project of 2004, the global networking open project ART DETOX (a year of artistic detoxification) has entered its third month of activities. By visiting and/or joining the blog http://artdetox2010.ning.com , you will be able to see the first effects of the collective art therapy Tests # 1 (sense deprivation with head in paper bag while visiting art spaces) and # 2 (curative Art Detox Patches applied on art stressed bodies), as well as the results of Anna Banana's Art Detox Tea Party and other odd art healing events.
Detox Yourself! (attached graphix by John Mountain)