31 August 2014
I intend to hold an Exhibition of Vinyl Art in the Spring of 2015. I don't have an exact date, but it will be around about Easter (end March/start April). I don't know exactly when, but I know where -- the Médiathèque in Sigean, France.
The Exhibition will be entitled something like 'Vinyl Art', and be by 'Mark Herman and Friends'. It will comprise about 60 pieces of Vinyl Art -- aproximately half by me, half by my Friends.
I INVITE YOU TO BE ONE OF MY VINYL ART FRIENDS AND TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EXHIBITION.
This is what you must do:
* send me one or more pieces of Vinyl Art on 12 inch (33rpm) LP records, and ONLY on 12 inch LP records. This is the one and only size of the 'canvas'.
* you can place your art on the Vinyl (and even hang very small things off it), but 12 inches is the one and only format that will be accepted
* sleeve covers, 7 inch (45 rpms) and 10 inch records will NOT be accepted. Nor, of course, will CDS, DVDs or anything horrible like that.
* the records will be hung vertically. Anything that requires a horizontal or any other sort of display will be rejected
* the usual rules about content apply. I reserve the right to reject anything unsuitable on content, size or other grounds
* but, in principle, ALL 12 inch records sent to me will be included in the Exhibition. If I receive more than 30 pieces of Vinyl Art from you, my Friends, I may have to rotate the works during the Exhibition to ensure that everything is displayed. (If I receive significantly less than 30 pieces, then I'm going to be stuck!)
* no returns
* the receipt of each individual work will be acknowledged and a photo of it posted at IUOMA (probably on theViyl Art Group page) by me (or the photo by you, if you prefer). Photos of the Exhibition will be posted later.
Your Vinyl Art should be sent to:
Valentine Mark Herman,
1 rue de la Vieille Fontaine,
THE DEADLINE FOR ME TO RECEIVE YOUR VINYL ART IS 14 FEBRUARY, 2015 (Valentine's Day)
I do hope you will join in!
29 August 2014
Dimensions should be 4x6 (tall), high-resolution
Any medium, but the piece must be sent via email
No return, no jury, no selection
DEADLINE: 30 September, 2014
Maximum 3 entries per person.
Selected works will appear in a cheaply available
color-printed book sold at cost of production and released
as Public Domain.
(optionally) Mail to:
PO Box 3307
Iowa City, IA 52244
11 August 2014
"Inspired both by the age-old practice of releasing a message in a bottle adrift into the sea and the many digital platforms (Omegle.com, Chatroulette.com, etc.) that connect random visitors through chat, P.O. Box 667 seeks participants from around the globe for an informal offline networking experiment and mail art forwarding project. The project invites participants to create and send it mail art in any and all forms: among them, letters, postcards, drawings, stories, scribbles, observations, and provocations. Each piece received is shared with a different random co-participant in the project. Participate by preparing an envelope or postcard for a stranger and mailing it to:
P.O. Box 667
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Once your piece is received at P.O. Box 667, it will be forwarded on to someone new. In return, you’ll be sent a random piece also received at P.O. Box 667 — all for free. If you’d like, write back directly to the person whose art you received and continue the conversation or art exchange!
Please be sure include a return address on the face of your envelope so that a piece received from someone else can be properly addressed to you. For all questions, please write Anthony Albright, project organizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org."
Thanks for your help. Really looking forward to getting this project started and seeing where it goes.